When we say NON GMO then we actually mean organic foods. There have been lot of researches which state that GMO foods are not healthy and one should avoid them. So if you are a person who believes in this research then the only choice for you is organic foods!
Organic foods: A brief description and insight
Organic food is basically a specific class of food. The agricultural products that are processed, grown and which meet the specific criteria of being labeled as organic can be termed as organic foods. In case of organic crops the farmers are not allowed to use things like sewage sludge-based fertilizers, bioengineered genes and synthetic pesticides. Moreover organic foods don’t contain any modifications and they must be cultivated in safe oil. The criteria of organic livestock are also different than conventional one. An organic livestock must be allowed to go out doors and things like anti biotic and growth hormones cannot be given to them.
Benefits/Advantages of Organic Foods:
There are a lot of benefits associated with organic foods and some of the researches tell us that the presence of nutrients like antioxidants make organic food more beneficial as compared to conventionally grown items. It has also been reported that health of the people who were suffering from food allergies etc. got improved once they started to have organic diet. Apart from this a lot of benefits have been associated with the organic foods. Some benefits of organic foods are as follows
- The number of pesticides in organic foods is much less. The names of some of these pesticides are insecticides, fungicides and herbicides.
- Organic food is fresherthan its counter parts. The organic food is fresh because it consists of preservatives. These preservatives help the food to remain intact and prevent it from getting rotten.
- The organic farming is environment friendly as it reduces pollution and erosion. Organic farming also enhances the soil fertility.
- Organic livestock is not given anti biotic which means that there are antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria in organic foods. This is a huge advantage as people who do not consume organic meat and go for conventional meat suffer issues like less response of Anti Biotic.
- The organic meat and milk is more nutritious and certain nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids are more in organic foods as compared to conventional milk and meat.
6.The biggest benefit of organic foods is that they are GMO free which means that are free from many harmful effects caused by GMO that can damage the human body.
These were some of the major health benefits associated with the consumption of organic foods. These benefits are just the tip of an iceberg and if you go into comprehensive research you will find more such benefits. Thanks to the internet today if you are more interested in finding benefits related to organic foods then you can simply Google it and find loads of information associated with this topic.
Hi there! Well, being a farmer is a not an easy job! Cultivating is not just a masculine occupation, it is apparently the principal venturing stone towards propelled society. At the point when men put down lances and got furrows, it permitted groups to quit meandering.